PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAus with 3 POB?
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2012, 22:33
baron_beeza

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is obviously another of those threads were we are all falling into one of two camps.

Once again we don't have the facts, or rights, to prejudge or really pass judgement. Indeed we are going from media reports for the best part so I doubt we are that well informed.

I am sure the public are seeing things differently than us. They will see another aircraft crash on the news, not a jumbo or A380 either.
The media feed the public and that in turn will affect the politicians.

Unfortunately for us all we know aircraft accidents will continue. Equally unfortunately they will be reported and if the media, the public, CASA or the politicians ever sense a link then obviously something is going to be said.

Some of here can see a link already, others may not have opened their eyes a little wider yet. Something has to give.

Surely a pre-emptive move has to be a good idea. Can RA Aus afford to send a letter out to all it's members, - and by that I mean those that have not paid up since 2004 also. They appear to be an administrative body. Posting a letter is an administrative action.

XXX posts are normally very good and informative. On this occasion he believes some of this is OTT.
That may be the case but we have not had a fatality from these chumps yet, is that what it takes ?

I read the North Qld coroners report the other night.
http://www.courts.qld.gov.au/__data/...h-20090127.pdf

Discussed in the other thread..

Yahoo! Groups

In all my years in aviation I have never seen or heard nonsense like that before.... I hope that carry-on is not endemic....

These recent incidents do have me wondering.

Given that the neighbour was reported as saying that this latest pilot was very experienced and flew often should be wondering what aircraft he was flying about in.

My experiences with GA are that the IA (senior LAME's) will forward a report whenever he has concerns about unrecorded maintenance or unlogged hours.
(More so when finite lived items are involved I admit).