PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EZY Captain v VAA F/O
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2012, 22:06
Wander

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm a current VAA SFO, I'd stay where you are if I were you!

I completely agree with all the previous comments. VAA have run out of options and friends! That said, who knows what deals are being done behind the scenes, SR Branson does have friends in the desert so a merge may not be completely off the agenda.

As I see it the main differences between us and BA are that BA are run competently and are also huge in comparison. VAA are small fry! It also used to be that you'd get command quicker at VAA, not any more. BA have been in this situation for years thus their payscales reflect it. If my chats downroute are to be believed; a 12ish yr FO in BA is on about 97K, in VAA a bucket load less! And then when you do get left hand seat there's command bridging, straight to 12 yr Capt pay, not with VAA! That said, in BA if you want to stay on long haul when you get your command you'll prob have to wait 18yrs?

Yes VAA fly 750hrs, although the co. are trying every single weasel trick in the book to get more out of us. 750 doing long haul is plenty thanks, and that's with some scheduling protections. 900hours in the desert without them must really hurt!

Good luck either way!