PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iran Threatens to Close Strait of Hormuz
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2012, 21:14
racedo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd need to know more about that plant - first I've heard of it being UK built, but it doesn't affect the facts of what I've said about Iraq / Iran. However from what you've said and what I've briefly read, it would appear to fly in the face of the Chemical Weapons legislation.
More interestingly, why did a German company, Uhde, get a UK subsidiary involved in it? Especially when a Libyan plant previously built by a German company (the Rabatt plant) went bang in mysterious circumstances, which ended with the contractors directors in jail for evading export regs.
Curious. I've nothing more to add without knowing a lot more
Plausible deniability that from German company that we never knew what our UK operation was doing and UK stating it was German company and as article says UK looking after trade benefits later...........same in Libya and sod interational law.

Remember Matix Churchill and the attempt to jail the guys working with UK Govt, fair play to Hezza but strangely enough he was Sec State for Defense when warning against supplying the Chlorine plant as well............consistency at least.

Did you really know what was in the aircraft or did you rely on the manifest........
not trying to impute integrity but if it says Potassium Sorbate are you qualified to test whether it is or do you accept what it says.

Look at recent info out on Libya where Hague proven to have lied with UK boots on the ground and Qatar and France breaking UN sanctions with supply of weapons and all having troops on the ground.