PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying for Lion Air
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2012, 15:20
jetjockey696

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I heard recently from Lion Air senior pilot, that a few indian pilots got caught recently with fake B737 type rating..

They PAID an indian DGCA officer to stamp a B737 type rating on into there license... all this scheme fell apart during the sim check.. they couldnt even do a simple preflight....totally lost.

Well I think if this the case of indian aviation.. I think India is a very dangerous to fly as a pax compared to Indonesia. So many fake pilots..

India may have 4000 'fake' pilots

Just a few days after Parminder Kaur Gulati, a suspended pilot of Indigo airline, was arrested on charges of faking her marksheet to get a pilot licence, another arrest on the same grounds has been made. This time around, Captain J K Verma, a pilot of the national carrier Air India has been arrested.

"We have arrested Verma. Investigations are on. We have been provided more names by the Directorate General Civil Aviation (DGCA). The scanner is on two more pilots - Meenakshi Sehgal of Indigo and Swaran Singh Talwar of MDLR," a senior police official said.

It all began after Parminder Kaur Gulati was grounded two months ago for violating landing norms. The matter was then reported to the aviation watchdog, the DGCA. The airline watchdog admits there was a lapse, but says 4000 pilot licences are now under fresh scrutiny.

"In the wake of the fake pilot scare, licenses of 3,000 to 4,000 pilots are being scrutinised by the DGCA," said Civil Aviation secretary Nasim Zaidi.

To get a licence, a pilot has to clear three subjects. But in Gulati's case, a probe by the DGCA showed she couldn't clear two papers, so she allegedly forged the marksheets.

Read more at: India may have 4000 'fake' pilots