PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Thames Airport for London
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2012, 01:43
silverstrata

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skipness:
Do try harder please, at least make some effort to keep up. BA has maintained international short haul connectivity from LHR, even LUX moved back from LGW recently. It is regional domestic connections that we have lost, MME, LBA, INV, IOM etc
But it has nothing like the domestic/regional capacity of, say AMS or CDG, especially since the Locos have moved in (much as I hate them). So, as you say, it is easier to interline from many airports around Europe via AMS and CDG than it is via LHR. That is a loss of prestige and revenue to UK Plc every time that happens.

Utter racist bollocks and you need to stop peddling claptrap. How dare you? Am I ethnic being a Scot or is it just non whites you are objecting to? Frothing at the mouth like a Daily Mail reading pensioner gives you no credibility on these boards.
Since when has it become 'racist' to say that the UK is FULL? Is it 'racist' to say Hong Kong is FULL? No, it is the truth (unless you like living like termites).

The truth, Skippy, is not an 'ism' created by New Labour, it is simply the truth. And if you cannot stand the truth, then take yourself back to your Grauniad fantasy-land. And this matter, that you find so distasteful, is important to this thread because if European populations were in decline then there would probably not be a need for a new Heathrow. So it is the very policy of the Greens (yes it is) that is forcing us to concrete over the south east with new runways (and destroying their precious environment).

BTW. The Scots are not a separate race, and therefore I can call you what I like and it could under no circumstances be called 'racism' - so please wind your Grauniad-orientated neck in and observe the reality of today's Europe.

Be under no doubt that the many and varied problems facing this country are caused in the main by well educated white people (like me !) who had all the opportunities and made some very poor strategic decisions. To blame the unlike, the foreign, to look down upon those who are different is abhorrent and the most un-British behaviour if I may say.
Did I blame the present debacle that is Heathrow on skin pigmentation?? Read again, and wind your holier-than-thou neck in.

Lastly,
BA's Willie Walsh says he will not be checking in at 'Boris Island' - Telegraph
Come off it Skippy, do get real. Willy Walsh has 10,000 (??) stroppy cabin staff and flight crew who all live around Windsor. There is no way he will openly endorse Silver-Boris Island, however muchbhe thinks it is a good idea. He will go privately to Boris, and ask him to twist his hand a little.

Sorry, unions, its not my fault, I did fight this proposal (just a little).....

Last edited by silverstrata; 20th Jan 2012 at 01:55.