PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Astraeus/PPRuNe interview
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2002, 19:35
Fogbound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

Hi, I attended the interview on Friday. . .It was a friendly atmosphere, 12 hopefuls and 6 interviewers.. .We were divided into 2 groups for the group excersises. We were set a topic to discuss about a company situation in which an employee goes against the ruling of his boss and is subsequently fired, with a few other factors added in, the 6 of us had to come to a group decision in approximately 20 minutes as to who of the 4 characters mentioned was the most objectionable in the saga. With only limited information on the story it made you think, and we were told afterwards there really was no right or wrong answer!. .The second group excersise was a little more straightforward. You are the captain on a flight which has had to be diverted due to a bomb scare at your destination, stand up and give your PA to the passengers. We were given approximately 10 minutes to make notes and then individually delivered our PA.. .After a break for lunch came the interviews, 2 on 1, (1 airline representative, and 1 PPRuNe representative). There were no technical questions (having spent the last week trying to remember everything i've forgotten in the last 12 months!), no 'you find the captain.......what would you do?', more along the lines of 'tell us about a time when you.....'. I felt the questions were geared towards finding out what type of person you were, and whether they would want to work with you as a team member, rather than testing your knowledge of ATPL subjects.. .I don't know whether I'm through to sim or not, but i really enjoyed the day. I can't compare this to any other interviews as this was my first one, but I came away from it really wanting to work for Astraeus as the team that were there seemed like a group of people I would love to work with, and did all they could to make us feel relaxed rather than up for a grilling!