PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Domestic - Wannabes & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2012, 21:00
JacintaMerri

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mam recruitment

It may be different from when I did it...

Get there EARLY. Like 8:30ish for a 9am start.

9am - Everyone gets name stickers
- fills in a form
-gets a height check, hand in documents

9:15 - brief introduction of assesors

9:15 - 11-12(ish...we were running overtime) group activities.
Our activities were - 1. we had to plan a group holiday and we were given pieces of paper that said something that we wanted to do and we had to compromise as each person had something different.
Then, with about 10 minutes left, they give us more info that basically ruins all the plans and we have to fix everything quickly.

2nd - you're a photographer, and you have to organise a shoot. You get a list of possible people to use and an attribute or problem about them and you have to pick who and why.
And then with 10 minutes, again, they give you more info about the people and you have to scratch everything and start again.

Really not much you can do to prepare for that.

After the group interviews you do a short essay and write a bit about 3 qualities of yourself that would make you best suit the position.

Then everyone breaks for lunch and waits for the text.

After lunch if you make it back!

You watch a presentation about the position that covers pay, conditions...everything!

Then you wait again while everyone does their panel interviews.

I was last to go and I had to wait over two hours!

Tips

-Try and talk to everyone - small talk is fine and you need to appear approachable and friendly to assessors.
-Dress the part!
-Don't lead too much, but don't be quiet. You want to show that you can lead and follow a leader.
- Be there EARLY. If you can't be early to an interview, how can they expect you to be early to work?

And yeah....have fun. It's a really good day!