PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Accident nr Lake Vyrnwy Hotel, Wales
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2012, 19:09
RotarySpanner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm an engineer, and although it would appear that I am new here, I have actually checked in on PPRuNe periodically over many years to tap into what can be very interesting and valuable industry news/opinions. Certainly engineers talk, and we have our own means of doing so (cue abuse), but it's fascinating to see what you pilots really think about/do with the aircraft we leave outside the door.

Up until now, I have never felt the need to comment, as I am fully content in being a third party audience to the threads and opinions here. However, I couldn't quite get my head around certain comments made in this recent thread.

I know the Robbo's get a bashing here at times, and that certain members dissagree on various areas of the Robinson product line. I fully accept that, and everyone has their opinions based on their own experiences of the 22/44. But willfully talking about calculating hull losses? and enthusiastic talk of erradicating a product through continuation of current accident trends? Yes, people have survived the majority (how many will be put down to pilot error?) but a number of people have also died in the last couple of weeks. Post #28 of the CHZN thread shows that family and friends of (deseased) aviatiors can actually find their way onto these forums.

Don't get me wrong, there are many types out there that I'd love to crush with a wrecking ball, and I know all too well the humour involved in aviation that others dont understand or find offensive, but so many of these comments in just 3 pages of a relatively easily accessed forum, on an aircraft I have total trust in, was just enough to bring this lurking engineer out of the shadows.

With the greatest respect Thomas Coupling, as long as the pilots continue to follow the instructions on the side of Franks tin, there will be a large handfull of our Robbos that will not add to your target this year.