PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heikkis' Silhouette Challenge
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2012, 18:57
skytrain10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it the Lambach HLII ??
It is indeed Trevor I guess the engine was a bit of a give away! Sorry Karl, Trevor just got there first.
Ir. Hugo Lambach designed a small single-seat biplane intended for aerobatics. It was the intention that at aerobatic contests held in the Netherlands it could beat the German competition. For construction of this new plane, designated as H.L.2, Lambach founded the Lambach Aviation works in January 1937
Sadly the aircraft failed to beat the German competition and met its fate in a bombing raid in 1940.

To celebrate the 45-years jubilee of the Student Aeronautical Study Association 'Leonardi da Vinci' of the Technical University of Delft, the members decided to build a replica of the Lambach H.L.2. To realize the construction the SSVOBB (Stichting Studenten Vliegtuigontwikkeling, -Bouw en -Beheer (Aircraft Development, Construction and Maintenance Students Foundation) was founded in 1990. Thestudents were assisted by the chief constructor of the original 1937 H.L.2, Ir. Wim de Koo at the respectable age of 82.
The replica flew in 1995/96 but was grounded because of structural cracks. I do not believe it has flown since.

SincoTC has declared OH, however as Karlark was only minutes behind, I invite him to put up the next challenge