PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should EASA hold its head in Shame?
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2012, 18:54
woptb

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Scrub the pressure bit Beeline, that is irrelevant. All lineys know the pressure, all flight crew know it too but good Engineers and Crew deal with the pressure without rushing or bodging things. If you need to consult the MM and your line office is 10 min drive away so be it, a delay is better than an incident or accident.
FARGOO if you've always felt able to play the red card,more power to you,but having been subjected to almost intolerable pressure in the past, sadly during my career I've made some bad choices.

The implication that "good" engineers 'always' deal with the pressure is well wide of the mark. There really are those occaisions where many (most?) have felt the pressure to get the job done is overwhelming.
If there is anyone out there who has 'always' followed the procedures,then your a better man than me!
Without recognising that pressure applied by organisations forces people into rule breaking,(not just bad people say yes?) we mask the issues.
The regulators are gutless & unfortunately the judiciary are partial - they don't care why the engineers sign off a job,just that they did.
Just culture,my ar5e !!