PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Ops room/system for Maastricht?
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2002, 12:25
kilojuliet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Calm Down everyone,

The system IS good in general but I agree with Lon in that there are a lot of minor problems that could have been addressed before we moved. This is probably partly due to lack of feedback from the controllers during earlier phases. Just look at all those bits of paper we have all filled out in the last few weeks requesting changes be made. Bet they didn't have anywhere near that number during the development phase.

One major problem I think we all agree on is the location of the supports screens, above your head! Just wait for the RSI claims to start rolling in. I think any decent HMI manual will agree that screens should be placed at eye level.

As far as personal gripes go I would like to have seen a more standard "Windows Style" functionality. ie which button does what. But seeing as we started designing this system before Bill Gates was out of short trousers it's not suprising.

I've also heard people complaining that the system is TOO flexible. Your settings can be so personalised that it can take quite a while to have "Everything just right". You get the ability to create user profiles in windows as standard but it seems in our system this is going to be an optional extra!!!

All in all, good, but a little rushed in the later stages of development. Let's just get on with it, it's workable. Wait and see what the future brings.