PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - One World Alliance - Myth?
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2002, 12:08
DX Wombat

Location: The Burrow, N53:48:02 W1:48:57, The Tin Tent - EGBS, EGBO
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Thanks for all the information so far, it looks very useful.
Bealine and Globaliser - the ticket was indeed where the problem lay. I had hoped that my Silver card etc would have reached me before I last left Oz but that was not to be. QF assured me that I WAS entitled to all the relevant priviledges as it would show up on the computer at check-in. Fine when you are leaving Oz but, as you have seen, not when trying to leave the UK via Manchester where BA is the handling agent. Part of the problem was that my ticket was issued before I gained silver status and that is likely to be repeated when I next leave the UK as I already have that ticket too. This time however, I will have my paperwork with me as I was able to collect it when I arrived here a week or so ago. I have no quibblewith the person at check-in, she was doing her job and, as I said, we discussed the problem in a pleasant, civilised manner and resolved it amicably. Both QF and BA will be receiving a suitably worded letter from me in due course suggesting that it might help if each member of the OW Alliance knew what the other members allowances were.
Bealine, when I get back to the UK I will scan a copy of the various priviledges and email it to you - I'll warn you first so you won't think you are getting a virus-ridden email. The various items are laid out quite neatly and it is easy to see what is what. It might be an idea if all the participating airlines provided each other with a copy which could be made into a quick-reference sheet for check-in personnel. It would hardly be a weighty tome a one sheet per member airline.