PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - One World Alliance - Myth?
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2002, 12:05
t3953

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey everyone,

Being a former customer service agent with EI there do seem to be a lot of discrepancies in the alliance

THings such as an extra 10kgs for QF Club members is strictly only on QF services. If it was a Oneworld entitlment it would be published as so therefore the other airlines are not entitled to uphold it even on codeshare flights unless the pax is traveling on a QF titled ticket(although I would have...arent I nice)!!! Its as though because QF brings in one special offer it can hardly expect a totally different airline to honour it just because they are in an agreement elsewhere! However, dont be so hard on the checkin agent for not knowing this straight away because beleive it or not, they do have to know a lot about procedures for other airlines and it can be confusing sometimes!

I hope that example helps out and I hope that EI and a few other airlines join QF/BA/IB in Amadues! It could really smooth things out for the alliance.

Mind you, it seems that the One World Alliance seems to be turning more towards the economic advantages of the airlines (engineering cooperation, Aircraft purchasing, station integration) than benefits for the customers!

But maybe thats another topic!

All the Best!!!