PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus ECAM Exceptions
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2012, 10:03
Bus Driver Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 9.G
BDM, your previous statement defies the whole purpose of a OEB as it supersedes relevant ECAM action for the MC or MW triggered. In case there's no OEB reminder you're, put it simply, screwed by applying ECAM first. Think hard bout it. That's why when you check list of applicable OEB for MSN you check their OPS status RED or White and most importantly if ECAM is affected. If it states Y means you won't have any clues indicating that this ECAM isn't applicable and misleading but OEB is. Now you tell me, are you still gonna do ECAM actions for the warning applicable to OEB?
Originally Posted by 9.G
OEB REMINDER FUNCTION
I surely hope your aircrafts are fitted with this function coz otherwise your philosophie will drive you into the ground.
I think you might have misunderstood my post.
If there are OEBs which affect ECAM, offcourse we will apply the OEB and not the ECAM.

We check OEBs before each flight, and ask confirmation before applying an ECAM.

e.g.
-ECAM warning triggered
-"Check OEB"
-"No OEB"
-"ECAM Actions"

OR

-ECAM warning triggered
-"Check OEB"
-"OEB present"
-"QRH Procedure"

What I said in my post was that if we apply the ECAM (So no OEB), we do the ECAM actions first. And the computer reset according QRH after the ECAM actions and before the reading of the STS.
No stopping of the ECAM actions for a computer reset like your company's procedure (Except for resets asked in the ECAM)

But I agree that actions may be stopped when using common sense for a reset according FCTM.

I just follow whatever the procedure at my company is.

BTW:
Forgot to mention:
Other ECAM affected OEB for one of our AC (V2500 engines):
ENG OIL FILTER CLOG

And offcourse the ENG DUAL FAILURE is also a QRH procedure.