PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Thames Airport for London
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2012, 08:53
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thus Heathrow has slipped from being an international hub, to merely being a national hub, and is losing out on at least another 50% of traffic (and UK revenue). Even this month, I hubbed through AMS, because there were no easy connections from LHR.
Do try harder please, at least make some effort to keep up. BA has maintained international short haul connectivity from LHR, even LUX moved back from LGW recently. It is regional domestic connections that we have lost, MME, LBA, INV, IOM etc
Hence it is easier to connect Europe-LHR-intercontinental than it is from Inverness, which makes it an international hub at the expense of domestic connectivity, where the best bet is often AMS with KLM.

You have concatenated London's airport capacity with hub connectivity, they are not the same thing and you ought to know that given your many thousands of words on this matter.

. Now because Labour have crammed this small island to the brim with ethnic ghettos left right and center, there is no room left, which is why a Thames Estuary site is the only realistic option.
Utter racist bollocks and you need to stop peddling claptrap. How dare you? Am I ethnic being a Scot or is it just non whites you are objecting to? Frothing at the mouth like a Daily Mail reading pensioner gives you no credibility on these boards. I dare you to post the list of
ethnic
types you would let in, in this brave new world of yours. This is pprune not the Daily Mail message boards, raise your game!

LHR - crappy airport, crappy country - the two go hand in hand.
Just out of curiosity, remind us how long it's been since you even used Heathrow? Post T5? Post T4 redevelopment?
Be under no doubt that the many and varied problems facing this country are caused in the main by well educated white people (like me !) who had all the opportunities and made some very poor strategic decisions. To blame the unlike, the foreign, to look down upon those who are different is abhorrent and the most un-British behaviour if I may say.

Lastly, here's what someone who has a direct commercial stake in matters thinks :
BA's Willie Walsh says he will not be checking in at 'Boris Island' - Telegraph

Mr Walsh was asked :
So he'd be pretty reluctant to leave Heathrow?
His reply is devastatingly simple.
"Not pretty reluctant. We wouldn't leave. If others left we'd have Heathrow to ourselves. That would be fantastic. BA won't leave, so other airlines won't leave either."

Some Tories come to their senses today.
BBC News - Conservative MPs urge rethink on Heathrow third runway

Last edited by Skipness One Echo; 19th Jan 2012 at 13:30.