PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2012, 08:29
FuriousA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Waiting for PSA

Hello all,

This is my first post on the forum. Up until now, reading peoples posts on this thread has been really helpful in preparing me for things like my aptitude testing and assessment day, so thank you.

As I'm sure is the same with many of you, I have dreamed of becoming a RAAF fighter pilot since I was a little kid. Right now, however, I will accept any pilot offer in any service. I passed my assessment day for RAAF pilot and I believe DFR is sending my info to PSA this week, now I play the waiting game...

I have a few questions that, if answered, will put me at ease until, God willing, I get that phone call inviting me to a FSP course.

Firstly, DFR explained to me that once you pass your assessment day and your file is passed on to PSA, you are assigned a quantified value and placed in a rank with all the other candidates. The highest ranking 7 or 9 candidates (depending on the number of places available on each course) are invited to the next FSP course.
Does anyone have a rough idea of the ratio of candidates who pass their assessment day to the candidates who get a spot on a FSP course?

When quantifying your 'potential', I gather PSA accounts for factors like motivation, pilot aptitude performance, leadership potential and suitability as an ADF officer.
I dont suppose anyone knows how they calculate your value in the ranking?

And finally, for those that have been on FSP, how much notice do they give you before your course starts?

Appreciate your help