PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Instructing in a group owned aircraft
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2012, 06:58
Aware

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would agree with Bose - x gain experience, it s tough working for a group without appropriate supervision. I have just been through process of looking into teaching on group ac. The AIC mentioned earlier states no training for initial rating in privately owned ac. Revalidation is fine, but being a FIR its not clever to do this as you need back up and experience, Ive been instructing 10 years and I still feel the need for a CFI around for support guidance and when difficult situations arise. Instructing has many pitfalls, and it is a huge responsibility teaching people to fly , 60 hours is not enough experience.

If you've got time to teach in group ac, you will find time to teach at your local school, where an experienced CFI can assist you, after you,ve built experience, certainly go and have a go at setting up your own RTF.

Enjoy your instructing, I work in an unrelated biz Monday to Thursday, and instruct Fridays it works well, and just found a new school to work for having had to leave a school that closed so there is work out there.