PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should EASA hold its head in Shame?
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2012, 06:15
Fargoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The primary cause of the accident was taking off with an incorrectly setup aircraft by the flight crew.

I couldn't find the extract from the MEL within the report - did it say that part of making the RAT INOP that you need to pull this circuit breaker? If not then I think the Engineers may have left themselves wide open.

It is a design fault that fails to provide redundancy to such a vital safety system and the same scenario could occur were the c/b to trip on taxi out without the crew noticing!

View on report Scenarios

The report is obviously written by somebody unfamiliar with the processes on the Line and the pressure what are upon you when you are called to an aircraft full of people wanting too fly. How can you have an infinite knowledge of an aircrafts system in your head using experience and intuition? Hindsight is 20:20; shame on you investigators.
Scrub the pressure bit Beeline, that is irrelevant. All lineys know the pressure, all flight crew know it too but good Engineers and Crew deal with the pressure without rushing or bodging things. If you need to consult the MM and your line office is 10 min drive away so be it, a delay is better than an incident or accident.

Don't blame the investigators , I think they did an excellent job with this report. Blame instead the judiciary who are looking to find some living breathing scapegoats to pin the whole thing on to.

Have a proper read of the report again, page 5.