PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus ECAM Exceptions
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2012, 01:14
John Citizen

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts
ALL ECAM exceptions are published by Airbus as OEB's; there are no other ones not included as OEB's
I disagree as I am aware of many ECAM exceptions which are not included as OEB's, inlcuding some of those already mentioned :
AVIONICS SMOKE
ENG DUAL FAILURE
L/G NOT DOWNLOCKED

Some others that I have found on my own include :
ADR 1 + 2 + 3 FAULT
DUAL BLEED FAULT
FUEL TK HI TEMP
LG GEAR NOT DOWN
ENG OIL LO PR

To me, these are all ECAM exceptions, as you must refer to the paper checklist (QRH/FCOM) instead of blindly following the ECAM (unless you know all these exceptions by memory).

These exceptions are NOT published anywhere in our manuals and it's up to us to work them out ourselves

Just recently, whilst using the HF, we received the ECAM "FUEL..TK HI TEMP".
The ECAM said to select GEN OFF on affected side.

However we were both aware of the note in the FCOM that says This caution may spuriously trigger due to interference from communication equipment. Therefore, the flight crew should wait two minutes while the fuel temperature measurement is updated. After two minutes, if the ECAM caution has not disappeared, the flight crew must apply the following procedure

To me, this is an important ECAM exception which is NOT listed as an OEB.

Now I ask again :
Are there any other ECAM exceptions (not OEB's) I should know about in addition to those listed above ?......as a guide only for me - to crosscheck with the actual MSN of the aircraft that I fly