PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Military IRT validity under EASA
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2012, 00:39
TheInquisitor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Curious, as I thought that our logbooks were signed by Flt Cdrs every month, and by the Boss every 3 months, and yearly on annual summaries. So the CAA don't accept the usual summary signatures?

Just so I get this right... does it have to be EVERY photocopy page signed, or just a sig block at the end, certifying total hrs / no of pages, etc?

Here's where matters get complicated.... my last Fg unit was overseas, and the boss has, I believe, changed since I was last there. I was posted back to the UK purely for discharge purposes, to LYE, and never saw anyone on the station except the discharge clerk and the (few) sigs I needed on my clearance chit!

Assuming I COULD get someone at BZZ to sign my copies, would the CAA simply reject them, since I have never been on a Sqn there? My only other option would be to post my copies off back overseas... for which I'm sure the new boss, not knowing me, would want to personally inspect my logbook to confirm what he is signing for. I know I would, in this day and age! Big postage costs, big delays, and the possibility of loss in the post all ensue from this.

The 166 I will need at some stage as evidence of holding a Green IR in the last 5 yrs. Having researched a little more, it appears that ex-servicemen's records are held at (or at least administered by) Cranwell - someone called the DPA Team, RAF Disclosures who live in Trenchard Hall. Anybody have any experience of trying to get hold of their records post-discharge from them?

Rock > Me < Hard Place, it would seem.

Sorry, firing off alot of daft questions here, and yes, it's all my own fault for not realising / sorting this out before I left, etc... but any advice welcomed!

Capt Widebody, many thanks for the link, etc.

Last edited by TheInquisitor; 19th Jan 2012 at 00:53.