PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pay to Fly (Merged Feb '12)
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2012, 22:38
Johnnywings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P2F strike.

I, like many, am a beginner caught out in the P2F scam. MOL has ruined prospects for a job, unless you're some rich playboy, only doing it for kicks. I never heard any of this going through training, or when I was handing over ridiculous amounts of money for that. I think the current system will create serious problems, not only to the lives of prospective pilots like me, but to the industry as a whole.

I can't see it happening, but I would love to see a total strike of all pilots, both employed and those seeking jobs. To avoid, and dissuade anyone from working for airlines that use this method of money making.

There is hardly any other industry that uses the same model, earning money from staff rather then customers. Would David Beckam be playing football if he had to pay to get on the pitch? Would Usain Bolt run if it cost him so much just to start? We have to stop this before it spreads and becomes the norm.

Is there any support for something like this, or will everyone just let it P2F takeover.