PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Queens Diamond Jubilee Medal
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2012, 19:40
eyepix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
....different medals mean different things to different people, to some people its recognition of all the hard work they are still putting in, so its not about the medal..or the fact its commemorative, or its a piece of crap that isnt a "real medal" . people have different reasons why they want it, so we shouldnt "slag" em off. to me its this.....
my service was cut short when i had a massive heart attack (not my fault) i volunteered for all the theatres at the time.........but had to stay in u.k. while my mates went on ops.......they got the gongs....i got kicked out ......so to get the Q.D.J. would have been nice...( as im still doing a bit)...as at least its something else to show for all my hard work, ( would prefer one that i earned in combat ) but not to be........and because of the attatched extra criteria......im 6 hours short of getting it now........it would have been nice, but not gonna lose any sleep over it. , got my vets badge.....which to me is recognition for what i did.