PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2012, 12:19
ChinaBeached

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
....and therein lies the key:

A "ME FIRST & SCREW THE REST & THE REPERCUSSIONS" attitude.

No, the cadets do not receive 744, A330/340 or 777 sim time in AD. Their FFS training has been halved as cost saving exercise. So, after 6 sims your never-flown-a-commercial-aircraft-pilot-dude is now the soul occupant of the cockpit when the LHS driver is taking a leak.

Yes, they do offer different courses for differing levels of experience. But by and large (correct me if wrong) the overwhelming majority of applicants are ab initio. By and large pilots with experience value their experience and profession. Pilots with an ATP / ATPL accepting this CEP are very few and very far between. And do you not ask why??

This IS NOT an "opportunity". It is a grab for cash using the stary-eyed ignorance of kids who want to be pilots and do not know, or in the overwhelming case on this forum do not want to know the realities. It is precisely candy from a baby.

But yes, I do blame any "adult" (as these kids are meant to be treated as if > 18) putting forth the most idiotic remarks to justify this CEP, as the likes of Truss here has. I do blame pilots for screwing their own profession like this. And I do blame these "adults" who either know or refuse to acknowledge what they are creating by accepting it. Blame them for agreeing to this? Yes.

Like I've said a few times, one day these guys will be screwed over by either management, another pilot / colleague or both. They'll have the remarkable audacity to feel insulted when all along this is what they are doing right here and now - willingly.

So again, does this CEP contribute to higher standards in aviation or detract from them?

Last edited by ChinaBeached; 18th Jan 2012 at 12:40.