PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A little evidence of senior officer surplus
Old 18th Jan 2012, 12:05
Old-Duffer

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
TTH,

Re your Post 36 above. In my defence, you will agree that your frame and mine are rather different in overall cubic capacity and hence it's likely that you need more of the red grape to get your BAL to the limit which sets off the bells or makes the bag turn a funny colour!!

Gordon's Wine Bar is also fondly remembered, as is a stroll through the park on a warm summer's day, glancing to left and right at sundry 'blossoms' soaking up the sun. There was also IIRC an old theatre in the alley between The Sherlock Holmes and the Strand where office girls would do a strip (at least they were called office girls and it was during a lunch break) on a Thursday.

There were, as mentioned above, more cultural activities in terms of the theatres and evening lectures and I did - voluntarily - take a job in the area, with a consultancy, after the Queen dispensed with my daily services so it can't really have been that bad.

Good heavens - perhaps I actually enjoyed it after all!

PS I did make one grave error of judgement during my second MOD tour. My desk officer was located in Adastral House in those days and I was 'stepping out' with his female clerk at the time. However, the friendship 'cooled' and I was subsequently handed a really horrid, horrid, horrid tour. Perhaps I should have waited until after the appointments board had sat!!