PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I've just lost my virginity!
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2012, 08:51
Flipski10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Happy DJ

I attained my PPL back in 2009 at the grand old age of 35 with no intentions what so ever of taking it any further other than as a hobby! However, flying has always been in my blood! To be honest, when im flying is when im happiest and to be a commercial pilot has always been a dream! So i figured i would go for it but remain slightly realistic as to my options and those i am in competition with! I have both age and low hours against me! That said i believe i have many life experiences and knowledge going for me and im not dissillusioned enough to think BA are going to be knocking on my door headhunting me! Since gaining my PPL i have done the AOPA aerobatics course and the IMC! I have also completed all 14 ATPL ground school exams with first time good passes! Now i am saving in preperation for the CPL course followed by a FI course and then IR! I am in a fortunate position in that i have a secure job and can slowly afford to do these courses and follow my dreams but the one and only thing i would stress to anyone is the financial cost! Its not cheap by a long shot and after all the training and the cost you may only have a piece of paper to show for it! That said, and if you can afford it, dont be lying on your death bed in fifty or so years full of regret! Life is for living and i am thouroughly loving the journey to CPL!