PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2012, 03:49
letsgofishing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been reading this forum for a while, and felt it time for myself to make a comment. First let me state that I do not fly for CX.

It seems to me that alot of people on here living in the past, hoping to hold onto some grasp of "good ole days". Terms and conditions are reducing across the board for pretty much everyone involved in aviation. Thats a fact. It sucks, however its true. No new pilots will ever fly for the 1980's CX, the 1990's Qantas or for the european legacy's of the same era. These companies don't exist

What I would ask to the main contributors on here is this, what else would you have these "wannabees" do? Stay in GA? Fly regional for crap money in the hope of one day getting on the ever increasing number of low cost carriers? In my opinion this program, especially for someone without the money to fund their own training, seems to be one of the better options available. I'm happy to be proven wrong.

I'm also wondering if the current A-scale pilots feel the same way about pilots signing B-sacle contracts back in the 90's? Honest question.

On a side note, I do agree that some of the hopeful applicants who have posted in the last fe pages might want to check their smugness at the door! Its not a good trait, especially in aviation. Having said that, some of the 'experienced' guys should probably do the same! If you dont like the company you work for.....leave! Simple. Getting angry at kids over the internet seems a little pathetic.

And before Chinabeached and other angry men start their ranting, yes my opinion IS based on a wealth of experience and knowledge.