PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More delays for the F-35
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2012, 21:19
Courtney Mil

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
Mechta,

And to think I was almost taking you seriously!

So, I've been watching a number of vids of this wonder jet raising and lowering it's gear and I can't help wondering if this isn't another modern a/c with systems that aren't quite man enough for the job (no sexism intended and there are other manufacturers of a/c/ systems).

Thus, second generation fast jets were brick built **** houses with massive generators, engines that could eat birds and launch a man into space and hydraulic pumps that could power a JCB. Third gen FJs had Skoda generators, turbo charged 1.6 litre engines (when they really needed a 6 litre V8) operating closer to the surge margine than was always healthy and that struggled to pick up the gearbox load if it's mate quit and hyd pumps that were bought on ebay.

It's been a long night, but try to stay with me.

Now we're looking at an a/c that doesn't seem to want to operate all three gear legs at the same time - somewhat reminds me of the a/c my father flew where the gear legs struggled up one at a time.

Can someone please tell me this is because of some sound aerodynamic/stealth/technical reason and not because the utility hyd system just can't move all three legs at the same time?