PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why don't schools 'screen' self sponsored cadets?
Old 11th Mar 2001, 19:38
Busta Level

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fish

VFE,

What tests do you suggest would prove that you are capable of completing the course?

Would you be willing to pay for these tests?

If you passed the test and then failed later in the course would you look to sue the school?

What if you failed all the tests you took at every school - would you give up on your desire to be a pilot?

If the answer to the last question is yes, then I suggest that you give up now. Believe me - you will face a great deal more challenges during the training (and afterwards) than you can believe. If you would be dissuaded by the results of a meaningless test, then I am afraid that you will just not make it anyway.

If the answer is no, then why do the test in the first place?!

If you are looking for some sort of guarantee that you will pass the course then you will be equally disappointed. It is all too easy to rely on the opinions of others. If you BELIEVE that you can do it, then go ahead. It is a huge gamble, but it can be successful. There is no one but yourself who can make it a success - and looking for guarantees will get you nowhere. take responsibility for your actions, don't rely on others and you will go far!

Cheers.

Busta

[This message has been edited by Busta Level (edited 11 March 2001).]