PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Passenger Briefings
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2012, 19:25
Savoia

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Helicopter Passenger Briefings

I was wondering whether it would be too much to encourage manufacturers to produce 'latest generation' animated/filmed passenger briefing videos for their products?

One of my business interests involves delivering marketing/PR/corporate image related services and I never cease to be amazed by the amounts some of our clients are willing to shell-out on media presentations for a single pitch. It isn't unusual for some clients to order 3D animated 'fly throughs' of their projects - often only used once when pitching to the investor! Based on what I've seen, a well made passenger safety video could be achieved without breaking the manufacturer's bank.

For the light/medium market, and aside from on-board presentations, I am thinking of two specific applications; one as a pre-flight presentation in a departure/passenger lounge (which I know already happens a fair bit) and the other as a media resource which, for example, charter operators could send out as an attachment or link in an email to passengers when they book a flight.

Yes, I can think of plenty of loopholes in terms of failing to guarantee absolute exposure but wouldn't these kind of resources help increase awareness of the basics of rotary-wing safety.

Back in the day it was down to a small safety card (which only some operators produced) but in most cases it was left to a sticker on the back of the broom closet in the 206 series or the back of the seat in the Ecureuils .. hopefully things have advanced a little since then.

I am of course aware that many operators already show videos but .. for the small/medium general aviation and charter operators who may not have budgets to produce videos is where the manufactureres could, I believe, step in?

What do you say?

Typical helicopter safety card

R44

206L

Many of the craft I flew only had something like this stuck somewhere in the back!

Of course in the plank world (my day job) there is plenty of good material!