PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why don't schools 'screen' self sponsored cadets?
Old 11th Mar 2001, 19:22
VFE

fish

Hi folks,
As I am in the "school interviewing" stage at this moment, I too have strong feelings on this.
No school I have visited, with true intentions of training with them, has tested me in any way. This is wrong. I am not a rich person (whatever is classed as rich these days) who can fork out the dosh for an integrated course "just like that"! I feel a duty to my wallet (and my financial sanity!) to make sure I have what it takes before I do so.

Steps need to be taken by the authorities but unfortunately these steps have to be taken by ourselves and so I am sitting the GAPAN tests next week, at a small cut of what I am looking at paying for a commercial pilots licence, which I hope is going to go some way in helping my cerebral regions to realise this is what I can(?) do. I feel this is wrong.*

Test potential applicants schools please, you will get alot more business (and respect) out of prospective students if you do.

Regards, VFE.

*Not the cost, but the fact I feel this is wrong for a prospective professional. After all, what is it, 60% of pilots are self sponsorers? Hmmm.

[This message has been edited by VFE (edited 12 March 2001).]