PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Schools / Aircraft Rentals
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2012, 18:03
Neo-Flite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CoV and Flight Test

Thanks for the heads up. I currently hold a Canadian (ICAO) PPL(ASEL) with an English Language Proficiency endorsement.

The CASA web-site tells me I can apply for a CoV for private flying while on vacation for a period of up to 3 months with no exam and a flight test by a qualified instructor:

http://www.casa.gov.au/wcmswr/_asset...l/010r0501.pdf

So back to my question, assuming that the paperwork moves sufficiently quickly and my cheque doesn't bounce:

What are my options in the Sydney area to have a flight test done and rent an aircraft? A list of email addresses or an electronic directory will be fine - I don't need a recommendation, other than discrete pointing away from the cowboys.

And to counter any comments, I did read this thread through but found precious little relevant factual information about such things. Most of what appeared on the Flight Training / Flight School threads was a bunch of old grumps being sarcastic. Not that I don't appreciate a bit of sarcasm, but if I had a Sydney Area yellow pages or could drive to the airports around Sydney I wouldn't be asking in this forum.

Looking forward to hearing from all you friendly Australian pilots.