PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why don't schools 'screen' self sponsored cadets?
Old 11th Mar 2001, 16:36
gimpboy

Angry

Fly_777

I have to disagree with your views.

Most tests should be taken with a pinch of salt and I think that if a student is really determined to fly and has a passion for it - he/she will pass the course.

I have a friend who was told by the RAF he had no flying ability whatsoever. He resat the tests a year later only to pass! much to the confusion of the RAF board. He then went onto become a very good airline pilot - what does that tell you?? My view is that is tells you that these tests are C*ap!

Testing for sponsorship is a filter - to get rid of the vast numbers of people. Some people have what a desk jockey has decided pilots need and some don't - it has no bearing on their ability to fly.

I agree that some people are just not upto the job - that is almost expected every now and again but these people would probably be caught out in the training.

Sounds to me like you don't like the fact that guys are getting the same jobs as people who have sat these tests. Are you sponsored by any chance?