PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2012, 09:42
truss20

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So he joined in a time of rapid expansion. Lucky.
He became a manager. I've never understood (or trusted) pilots who aspire to a desk job.
Why? Because they are more intelligent than you? Because they are more respected than you? Because you know that you couldn't get a position like that, even if you tried?

no he wan't 'rewarded', he was paid a good salary with good benfefits for doing his job, flying 400 fare paying passengers safely to their destination.
Is it too much to ask that professional pilots nowadays be well compensated for their skills, as your friend was in the past? Or are you happy to see the T&C's and benefits of your future career continously erode?
He was rewarded for being loyal to CX and showing EQ. Clearly you don't have this skill.

you're right, I'm still waiting for my 'reward'.
Why would you be rewarded? You always complain about CX. You moan about people getting better career opportunities than you.

Wonderful, an ex-CX Chief Pilot, who is also a life skills guru.
Called EQ. It's needed to be successful.

Very easy to talk about how great 'karma' is when he probably retired with millions in a provident fund, and millions in property from a real housing allowance benefit. Both of which the i-kids will never see.
1.2M that increases annually, from the 12th year of employment onwards.

Seems like a lot of money to me.

You obviously don't have a family to feed and shelter and send to school, and plan for their future. When you do you can re-read your above post and realize how inmature you are.

But, you are right, money isn't everything, then again, neither is getting a crappy, dead-end, SO job at CX. (Nor matter how much an ex A scale, Chief Pilot likes to talk it up)
Someone has to be an SO. You get promoted after a maximum 4 years as an SO to JFO, then become captain 8 years later.

If the money you earn from CX is your sole income, then you must be crazy. Share dividends etc can earn tens of thousands per year.

Plus CX give you a housing allowance, depending on your rank at CX. Something like 18k a month when captain.