PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Poor Tiger!
Thread: Poor Tiger!
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2012, 09:27
LandIT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tiger lands safely

In the hope that the journalist concerned might find this thread and reflect on their sensationalist headline...

How hysterical was that report! Does that reporter (and Editor, and I use the word advisedly) have any judgement for how "serious" (to most others - incidental) the event really was.

Let me suggest to that reporter and Editor how much less serious it might be that the landing gear was down, than it might have been if the landing gear had been stuck retracted. (there are also many many other situations which would be more serious).

I'm not taking a poll, but really, how many of us would rate this anywhere near an emergency? Ans: hardly any, right.

So what makes this reporter and this Editor think this is so newsworthy? Can it be that they have been waiting for an incident involving Tiger to jump onto the airline's case, hard? Maybe there is an alert system in Herald Sun """ALERT: TIGER: any incident: Remember air operators certificate"""".

Really, doesn't this show a lack of professionalism in reporting and a major lack of judgement in Editing in Herald Sun.

Oh yes. That's why I don't buy the newspaper. Not even for page 3.

But some people will. That says it all for me.