PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skullduggery in the utopian world of DeeJay Flight ops
Old 17th Jan 2012, 01:15
Cactusjack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks triathlon, appreciate your kind sentiments. Yes I have moved on, not too long ago, and very happy in the new gig. I agree, knobs are everywhere and I guess we have all been knobs ourselves at times.
My bitterness stems from the endless amount of 'good will promises' DJ used to bestow upon us, promises of rewards and progression due to some of us well and truly going above and beyond the call of duty for a number of years while the company struggled to gain a foothold in Australia. Then when the time came for promotion, progression and reward they screwed a number of us over, employed external 'mates' and promoted internal 'mates' of which many did not so much as lift a finger to go the extra mile, ever. So yes, my bitterness may come across as shocking or uncooth to some and I accept that, but in my case and others I know we got burned very very badly and in some instances it was costly both financialy and within relationships externaly. My flaw, if it is one, is loyalty. So once betrayed the wounds can run deep.
At my new gig I work extremely hard and remain dedicated to doing a good job. I still go above and beyond but demand that it be a two way street, I scratch the comapnies back and they scratch mine. There is a mutual understanding, an unwritten agreement and a high level of loyalty as a result. Everybody benefits.

I do believe that the greater percentage of my former colleagues (many of whom are still my best mates) are decent, hard working, top people. No questiona at all. And I have always wished and wanted the very best of success for them and that has not changed.
My beef and venom remains for the lick ar#ses, stooges, liars and unloyal turds, although small in number are a large influence.