PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia Psychometric Testing
Old 17th Jan 2012, 00:07
pop4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fifi-J
Im just wondering what the hiring process is like? I.e do they do a phone interview first, testing etc?
The information on this page is pretty current. Online application > online testing > telephone interview > assessment centre.

I'm from Brisbane as well, so i'm wondering if they send you down to Melbourne for testing or if they do it all from Brisbane?
I believe the recruitment team travel around to the different capital cities to conduct rounds of assessment centres, if you do get that far. You may or may not have a choice as to where you go for the assessment centre. E.g. I know of a person from Melbourne that did their assessment centre in Sydney.

IJust skimming through some threads here it seems that people from all employment backgrounds have a chance. Im in logistics at the moment (concrete agi's) but apart from the 'logistics' aspect I have absolutely zero experience in anything like what ATC involves.
A non-aviation background shouldn't be a problem; if you've got the skillset and what it takes to be an ATC, you've got what it takes. If you don't, you don't.

Can anyone give me an insight into what sort of testing they do? Is there any way to prepare?
Last question - anyone know of any online practice tests?
The online testing is similar to the SHL testing many companies use in their graduate recruitment processes. Also, this thread has quite a bit of useful information.

Good luck