PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iran Threatens to Close Strait of Hormuz
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2012, 23:30
rh200

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Do you think Iran will declare war on the western world if backed by China and Russia". To which I think the answer is "Probably".
I would suspect China to not give a hoot as long as they don't take to much of a resource hit. Not sure if Libya will actually turn out better for them than before so who knows with the Iran scenario. China is going along great guns how things are now, well relativly speaking, so I wouldn't think they would be inclined to upset the western world apple cart.

Russia on the other hand who knows, they wern't to happy about Libya, and they are looking to reassert a bit of influnce. So they may act to limit options in both Syria or Libya, or could trade off one for the other.

The big question I have is in relation to anti ship missiles and defence's. It appears from some past experiance that the capability of your defences in theory is actually less that what you have in practice. Another words when in the heat of the battle you get a lot more stuff ups, failures and the successful intercept rate is a lot lower than in war games. Is this true?