PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Citi Express Base Closures
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2002, 20:19
BlueUpGood

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FL245

With respect, thats all we want to do.. just as you would want to continue flying your Jetstreams, or Dash's or Sonic Cruisers if you had them!

What really ticks me off is the assumption expressed time and time again that it's ok to steal a fleet off mainline BA pilots, cos there all overpaid and underworked arent they?!

At the end of the day, they expansion of BACX is directly at the expense of my colleagues who are displaced from their homes in MAN and BHX.

Your colleagues argue that you deserve it because your more cost efficient and work your butts off for peanuts. Well, if your happy perpetuating that then feel free, but don't do it AND steal my colleagues job, and force them to operate from a base 150 miles away.

Whilst you may be dreaming of expansion, we are praying for our respective fleets not to be given to XYZ Airlines, and the RJ's have become the line in the sand for us.

All we want is to keep our work, and have a secure future, just as you want to keep your bases and the jobs there.

ps.. I have nothing personally to gain from all this.