PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More delays for the F-35
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2012, 22:18
orca

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If this is true one can only hope that the design team that did the jet pipe, lift fan and fan doors on the B model can think their way around a slightly longer hook; made perhaps of purest Unobtainium?

Again if true, it's slightly disappointing that they are going to have to. One would have thought that wheel to hook distance etc would have been a fairly fundemental design driver.

This reminds me of a trip to Warton where an ex-Gp Capt berated me for my cynicism when I suggested that I didn't trust computer modelling etc to the degree everyone else seemed to. At the time I was arguing that 'A400M - carries more weight' was a slight overstatement given that it was still just a picture (He thought it was accurate and balanced slogan). I was reliably, and somewhat forcefully, told that design flaws were now a thing of the past.

Maybe we could try a different height of wire? (Wanders well off beaten track and calls it a day..)

Last edited by orca; 16th Jan 2012 at 22:19. Reason: Managed to miss out a whole word.