PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA spends millions chasing Milton Jones aviation business
Old 16th Jan 2012, 22:14
Slippery_Pete

Received 373 Likes on 70 Posts
Some of the comments on here are unbelievable.

We all know CASA has spiralled into disarray, with a largely disfunctional and non-engaged workforce and "rent-a-cop" attitude. I have been saying for years (to my local FOI, among others) that CASA needs to start working with industry, rather than against it.

But blaming CASA for making Jones the operator he has become is just BS. Whenever we commit aviation, we all have a choice to make between operating legally and illegally. You can't use CASA's problems as justification for willful violation of the law.

Encouraging this sort of behaviour and avoiding the consequences just because of a grudge against the regulator stinks of immaturity.

I encourage that whatever money needs to be spent should be spent to determine whether this guy needs to be prosecuted.

I love to hate CASA and have had as many issues with them as the next guy... but I love my family and friends more than I love hating CASA, and don't want them getting into a helicopter with a like Jones.

Whether this guy is right or wrong I don't give a sh#t any more to be honest.
Would you give a sh#t if CASA left him alone and he killed your wife, a family member or friend?

Last edited by Slippery_Pete; 16th Jan 2012 at 22:43.