PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - One World Alliance - Myth?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2002, 19:56
bealine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Going back to the origin of this post, I have visited the Queensland and Northern Territories Airline Services' web page concerning their Silver Card (Ruby "One World") and can't find any mention of the additional baggage allowance - obviously this is an airline benefit and not "One World". I would therefore assume that Q.A.N.T.A.S. haven't ensured British Airways front-line staff are aware of this factor on our codeshares (and the fact we check QF flights in at LHR).

Would you know if this 30 kg allowance is shown anywhere on your flight coupon or ticket? You see, as I've mentioned elsewhere, we get hammered by our management if we undercharge the Excess baggage and it is important that you receive the allowances you're entitled to.

Please, for the sake of your fellow QF Silver Card holders, if this extra allowance is not documented on your tickets, report this back to Q.A.N.T.A.S. at your next opportunity so that this oversight can be rectified!

"Trathnona", Distant Rumble, "Caed Mile Failte!"
(For the unitiated, that means "Good Evening", Distant Rumble, "A Hundred Thousand Welcomes!"

There, now that I've impressed you, I'll have to confess it's the only wee bit of Gaelic I know - but 'tis a start! (Bealine hangs head in shame for he had an Irish mother!) I'm practisin' for the day DR berls along to my desk for the EI 469 or whatever!

Seriously, though, thank you for your input regarding our One World card tiers! Me printer's being working overtime and I'll make sure that at LGW you're treated right!

It's even more important to us, 'cos Aer Lingus is handled by BA staff and we see the Gold Circle cards on a daily basis!

BTW - Anyone wanting to get a wee taster of Gaelic, perhaps for a weekend jaunt "across the water" or to keep Distant Rumble happy, could visit

http://www.travlang.com/languages/cg...rish&page=main

You can listen to the pronunciations too!

Last edited by bealine; 23rd Nov 2002 at 20:17.