PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - That Dam Film Again
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2012, 19:28
Lima Juliet

Received 80 Likes on 32 Posts
Looking at the link to Peter Jackson's mock up Lanc. Please tell me they're going to film in the UK with 2 ground runable Lancs and one of only two airworthy (there is also talk of the 2nd (total 3) getting an airworthy ticket - Just Jane). Also, the hill in the background of the mock up picture would mean that RAF Scampton has been subject to subsidence and slipped off the top of the Lincoln Edge!

I do hope that Peter Jackson is going to take the advice of those that have flown Lancasters. There are stacks of us (in comparative terms) around!

LJ

PS. What a fuss about nothing when it comes to the dog, see here what another famous director has done in recent times...

By J. Douglas Allen-Taylor

I WENT TO SEE Quentin Tarantino's Jackie Brown a few weeks ago and heard actor Samuel L. Jackson use the word "nigger" to refer to half of Southern California, from black drug dealers to Pam Grier to Robert De Niro to all the folks on the streets of L.A.'s Koreatown.

"Look, I hate to be the kinda nigga does a nigga a favor, then--bam--hits a nigga up for a favor in return," Jackson tells another black character in the movie. "But I'm afraid I gotta be that kinda nigga."

Along with snappy pop-culture dialogue and fits of explosive violence, the use of the word "nigger" has become something of a trademark of Tarantino films. (Tarantino, by the way, is white.) When Tarantino himself finds a murdered black man in his garage in Pulp Fiction, he asks Samuel Jackson if there was a sign outside reading "Dead Nigger Storage." And when John Travolta questions the quality of a stash of drugs in Pulp Fiction, the white dealer asks him, "Am I a nigger? Is this Compton?"