PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How bad can it get in cattle class?
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2012, 19:11
Cameronian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Price is not necessarily directly related to service, charm, pitch or the whole general experience. The quite young SWMBO and I were lucky enough to get on a BCal flight from Gatwick to Kai Tak DC10 flight for £99 in October 1980. I cannot remember what everyone else was paying but it was much, much more, even for economy. It remains one of the journeys which most sticks in my memory for the sheer pleasure of the experience during the flight.

I fear that there was an element of racism involved in our getting on board in the first place. We had been unable to confirm our flight from home so decided to fly down from Glasgow on the off chance. There were perhaps sixty people queueing to check in on the deal when we got to Gatwick and it was announced that there were no seats available but one of the BCal staff came to us and asked if we were the ones who had come from Glasgow. The answer in the affirmative got the response "Ssshh and follow me"!

I REALLY miss BCal..... Their cabin staff really seemed to transmit goodwill. I still see that on easyJet, however politically unacceptable that may be to some. Even the BCal pilots seemed to enjoy the Glasgow to Gatwick flight more than did the Heathrow shuttle pilots.