PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wow - I Flew Emirates Yesterday
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2012, 16:30
Mr Mac

Received 168 Likes on 103 Posts
Would echo Tezzers comments, always found EK crews to be very professonal in their dealings with clients. They have a largly new fleet and fly from where I want to, and the change in DXB has yet to cause me any issues. Hope all goes well tonight having said, that as I am outbound with them !.

However Tightslot has a valued point about the UAE in that the rules there are not like those applied in the West (I have worked there in the past and still do on ocasions so have first hand experiance of this). But you should bare in mind that until recently if you were born in Western Europe , North America, Australasia, Japan you were born with a relative silver spoon in the mouth. The rest of the world has not been fortunate enough to have stable political and economic growth and the social and legal concepts that have come with this. This is changing as other areas take up the Western capatalist free market way of business but they have yet to graft on the social and legal issues which go along with this, as this takes time (look at UK during industrial revolution). Until these occur you will always have the issues raised re wages,labour relations,law of contract etc as currently they do not look at the world in the same way as those who have grown up in western stile democracy, and you have to remember this when dealing with them or trying to understand their view of the world. I should say that this is not just a UAE issue and I find it in most emerging markets in which I travel and work. I am sure it will change in these areas but it will take time.