PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Has your employer gone bust ?
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2012, 16:42
Luddite aviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Private jet

The company that I took to court tried to go for a voluntary winding up and that failed due to objections from the creditors.

The company had no living directors in the last nine months of trading and one company based overseas was the other director on the companies house register.

The overseas company went bankrupt and they folded that company without folding the UK company that I worked for............. The people who ran the show (who took the trouble to not be directors) just set up another company in the same business.

This all happend under the noses of union lawyers who were wrong footed at every turn, the employees could not get any redundency pay from the insolvency service because the company was still technically in business. It was only when myself and one other took the company to court (without any legal help) did anyone get any money from the insolvency service.

It is all very well talking what should in law happen but more and more unscrupulous businessmen are playing fast and loose using EEC borders to confuse the issue untill they are so far away no one can catch up with them.

I have seen some companies in the UK flight training game playing these games and I would like to make sure that the employees have at least a fighting chance of getting the money that they are entitled to.

Your comments about redundency pay being tax deductible are true but these people are reported to owe the tax man a fortune in unpaid PAYE. So that hardly is an issue unless you are a PAYE payer who is trying to get a tax refund on tax that was taken out of your wages but not handed over to the tax man by your former employer.

Perhaps now you get the picture of how these people try to operate.