PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Military IRT validity under EASA
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2012, 14:32
Mylord-Smythe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well after many long emails to the CAA and the help of BALPA I'm still up s**t creek without a paddle. The CAA never backed down on the removal of the rule of a military Green IR keeping your civil IR valid indefinitely.

So the bottom line from head of training at the CAA is that if your initial civil IR has lapsed by more than 7 years you loose it !!! The only way to keep it live is to renew it every 5 years in an approved simulator or if your between 5-7 years in an aircraft and after 7 years, 6 IR theory exams (presently studying for) and the flight test!!

Further to this, if any of your process falls over the 7 April 12, then all military accreditation will be lost until the new scheme (being staffed by 22 Trg Gp) is in place. The military's paper will be complete by then, it's just how long the CAA and EASA take implementing it!!

So my advice to anyone is, unless you have to sort out licenses for a immanent career start date (my position!) then I would leave it until the dust settles post EASA. You never know, you might find yourself in a better position than before this change!! But I'd be very surprised!!!

Got to go, got some gyro theory to learn!!! Living the dream!!!