PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2012, 08:23
ChinaBeached

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Picard.....
your novel throughout the 150+ posts in this thread.
and yet within the next 2 or 3 pages someone will ask the same mundane and ignorant questions. "What engines to CX have on their aircraft" (because I'm too "passionate" to bother to find facts elsewhere)...."I can't update my profile...".....and so on.

I want to know more about your background, what exactly did they do to you that prompted you to dig so deep into their corporate "policies" and educate the world about them? were you one of the 49?
In all honesty if you'd read my previous posts here and the other threads then you'd know exactly my background, as well as my angst against CX which I make no apologies for. But the main point you ask is why did I dig so deep into CX's corporate policies. As for educating the world about them, well when so many here bring to the table their "passion" yet utter ignorance to the real world let alone facts of the job I wish to pass on some truths. Where I've been incorrect I've always been happy for the input. Would you allow a colleague to fly an aircraft knowing full well a serious CAT A MEL item affecting the safe & correct operation of the flight existed & you know full well they are too lazy and incompetent to check the flight deck log before the flight? It's not only about the pilot(s) but the operation they are in and contribute toward. The more people who know the truths and facts about CX and this scam then the better.

So, why dig so deep? Because if you don't then I believe you to be an idiot. Sorry, but I mean that. So many kids want to throw up to 45 years of their life starting from this iCadet program failing to comprehend the exact nature, terms, conditions, city, costs, long term future and management history of the job...... And then I use that word "comprehend" because all too often we're met with those not wanting the information or denying bare faced facts and realities. And, as with all jobs I've ever had I can't stand pilots who would sell their soul for the job, get it, and then once checked to line join the brigade of hating the job they asked for, studied for and then received. Any person blindly signing any contract without knowing the full and complete facts of what it means, what it does and does not encompass as well as the company behind is just that - a fool. And what's the saying? "A fool and his money are easily parted"????

Based on this thread most iCadet desperadoes do more research and take more consideration into their next xBox console than they do about this CEP and what it represents to CX and the industry as a whole.

Last edited by ChinaBeached; 15th Jan 2012 at 09:39.