PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2012-13 Leave allocation
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2012, 06:53
joebanana

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CXline guy:
CXline guy:
I don't want to loose (sic) those points to a seniority based system which would rewards those who have pissed their points away in the past.
and then:

For those of us with kids school holidays become important.
You were fortunate enough to join the company when you didn't have kids and had the opportunity to build up points BEFORE you had children. A sensible move. However, that doesn't mean that those of us who joined the company having already had children 'pissed away our points'. School holidays are just as important to us as they are to you.

However, your point about being allocated crap leave and not receiving the appropriate points is an entirely fair one. My previous companies have always awarded points when allocating leave this way.

I don't expect to get every single week that I ask for - that's part of the job - but it is not unreasonable to at least have a couple of weeks off in the summer with my kids. I don't care when in the summer, just give me a 2 week block somewhere in the 6 weeks.

And while we're on the subject, what is the point of 'provisional' leave? Nothing can be booked and the company can change it at the drop of a hat.