PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2012-13 Leave allocation
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2012, 01:12
cxlineguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A couple of tweaks

When I was a lowly SO in HKG I requested leave to earn maximum points (no kids so leave dates not important. Back then there were also plenty of slots available. I don't want to loose those points to a seniority based system which would rewards those who have pissed their points away in the past.

It is CRAP that STCs get first shot at the leave slots. The company screws the rank and file to keep these company men happy.

It is CRAP that leave slots are allocated by base area. For those of us with kids school holidays become important. With a range of base areas and therefore a range of school dates, if slots were allocated by rank and fleet (not base area), more of us would get the leave we want. At the end of a ULH flight a crew member either goes home or to a company paid hotel. Merging the leave areas would not cost the company any more.

If you are allocated leave in a period which would earn you points, one should get those points. Therefore if the company is forcing you to take leave in a undesirable period at least you earn points so in due course your leave requests should be successful.