PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newer vs Older
Thread: Newer vs Older
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2012, 00:04
gassed budgie

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
I confess also to being influenced by wife's preference for the ride in the low wing planes. Not sure why but there it is...
Was out and about in the Cirrus yesterday and the first thing Mrs.GB complained about was sitting in the sun. I did point out to her that that's one thing she's never had to complain about whilst riding pillion in the 210, she always gets to sit in the shade. So there you go.
Tonym3 if you only need the four seats and Mrs.T likes the aeroplanes with the wing bolted in the wrong spot, I'd probably plump for the Cirrus.
I normally fly a first generation Cirrus (2003), but I had the oppotunity to fly a new one around 6 months ago and the difference was quite marked.
With the Garmin 1000 package and the digital autopilot that goes with it, along with all the other countless small improvements that have been made along the way, it felt like a different aeroplane. I was impressed.
The 210 panel is the same as the day it left the factory (the only addition a small panel mount GPS, but everything else works), so in that respect it doesn't come close to matching the Cirrus.
Looks like I'll have to start saving for the Garmin 750/Garmin 650 and throw in an Aspen Pro pilot to replace the DG/AH.
Still got the 400B at the bottom of the stack rioncentu?